Greenville SC has recently taken the spotlight as the number 3 top place to visit during Spring Break, as declared by Good Housekeeping Magazine. Outranking New York City and Disneyland, this charming city is a treasure trove of family-friendly activities for residents and visitors alike. Team Matsuda is here to guide you through the best things to do in Greenville SC during Spring Break.
Things to Do During Spring Break in Greenville, SC
- Discover Greenville’s downtown: Main Street, unique shops, eateries, and Falls Park.
- Enjoy The Upstate Children’s Museum: hands-on exhibits and imaginative play spaces.
- Explore Roper Mountain Science Center: interactive exhibits, planetarium, and fascinating facts.
- Visit Greenville Zoo: encounter mesmerizing animals and revel in outdoor fun.
- Get your adrenaline pumping at Frankie’s Fun Park: go-karts, mini-golf, laser tag, and arcade games.
- Make a splash at Discovery Island Waterpark: exhilarating water slides and a children’s play area.
- Cool off at Otter Creek Waterpark: water slides, leisure pool, and splash pad built for younger kids.
- Catch a Greenville Drive baseball game: bask in America’s favorite pastime.
- Attend free concerts: family-friendly tunes at Greenville Heritage Main Street Fridays or Piedmont Natural Gas Downtown Alive.
- Visit Greenville County Museum of Art: impressive collection of American art.
- Take a hike in Paris Mountain State Park: scenic hiking trails and opportunities for fishing and picnicking.
- Explore the Swamp Rabbit Trail: 22-mile paved trail showcasing Greenville’s parks and waterfalls.
- Visit the Upcountry History Museum: exhibits on Cherokee Nation, Civil War, and textile industry.
- Go for a swim at Lake Conestee Nature Park: hiking trails, wildlife viewing areas, and a beautiful lake.
Why Greenville SC is the Perfect Family Destination
Good Housekeeping recommends Greenville SC as an ideal destination for families seeking a variety of activities in a low-key getaway. Greenville’s charming downtown, extensive park system, and world-class attractions make it a top choice for family vacations, outshining Disneyland and New York City. As the proud recipient of the Good Housekeeping 2023 Family Travel Award, Greenville boasts stroller-friendly paths, a modern airport, and over 100 daily nonstop flights.
Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport: Your Gateway to Greenville SC
The Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport (GSP) has played a significant role in putting Greenville on the map as a popular travel destination. Good Housekeeping highlights the airport’s modern amenities and more than 100 nonstop flights daily, making it a breeze for families to reach and explore the city. GSP further sweetens your journey with dining and shopping options, complimentary Wi-Fi, and ample parking facilities.
Stay in Style at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Greenville Downtown
When it comes to accommodation, look no further than SpringHill Suites by Marriott Greenville Downtown. Good Housekeeping’s tester was “seriously impressed” by the hotel, which is just a few blocks from fun shops and restaurants. The family-oriented hotel features whimsical egg chairs in the lobby and a heated outdoor pool, ensuring a delightful stay for guests of all ages.
In conclusion, Spring Break in Greenville SC promises an unforgettable experience for the whole family. Outranking both Disneyland and New York City, this charming city has so much to offer. Plan your visit now and discover what all the buzz is about!
As a dedicated mother-daughter team, Team Matsuda Realtors brings 20+ years of local experience and a personal touch to the Greenville and Spartanburg real estate market. We love our community treat our clients like family, providing support before, during, and after the sale.
Call or text us at (864) 205-7653 to set up a coffee chat, and follow us on Facebook and Instagram for updates and property highlights. We’re excited to welcome you to our family!