Greenville, South Carolina is a wonderful place to visit any time of year, but when you’re wanting to woo your loved one and celebrate romance, Greenville is the place to be! Here’s an extensive list of 40 Things to do for date night in Greenville, SC this Valentine’s Day.
Chocolates and Candies
Why purchase your one-and-only a box of chocolates when you can take them directly to the source? Greenville is no stranger to the deliciousness of pralines, chocolates, and candies!
1. Kilwins Chocolates, Fudge & Ice Cream is located 220 N Main St in Downtown Greenville. Visit Kilwins for handcrafted chocolates, fudge, and ice cream. For more information, call (864) 241-2003.
2. River Street Sweets – Savannah’s Candy Kitchen is located at 12 South Main St. Handmade southern candies such as pralines, chocolates, pecan pie, baked goods and more. For more information, call (864) 412-5200.
3. The Chocolate Shoppe is located at 1392 N Pleasantburg Dr. The Chocolate Shoppe specializes in home-made cookies, made fresh hourly, and candies. For more information, call (864) 416-7592.
4. Vaughn-Russell Candy Kitchen is located at 401 Augusta St. Stop by for their signature item, Mint Pecan, a mammoth pecan dipped in mint candy coating. For more information, call (864) 271-7786.
5. Godiva Chocolatier is located at 700 Haywood Rd inside of the Haywood Mall. Create your own assortment or choose freshly dipped strawberries and other delicacies. For more information, call (864) 627-4322.
Dinner Shows, Music and Comedy
Take your special someone to laugh their socks off, have a fun musical time, or enjoy dinner with a show. Either way, Downtown Greenville has some pretty nice places to enjoy!
6. Cafe And Then Some is located at 101 College St. Great live improv theater, serving great food and drinks. For more information, call (864) 232-2287.
7. The Comedy Zone is located at 221 N Main St. This is a fantastic place to see a hilarious comedian for Valentine’s Day or any date! For more information, call (864) 603-1583.
8. Alchemy Comedy Theater is located at 1 East Coffee Street Alchemy Comedy Theater offers live improv, sketch and standup shows every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights. For more information, call (864) 256-1467.
9. Jack n’ Diane’s – Dueling Piano Bar is located at 115 N Brown St. You can even enjoy live-band karaoke competitions throughout the year. A menu of appetizers, sandwiches, burgers, and salads helps keep the good times (rockin’ and) rolling. For more information, call (864) 509-6414.
Zoos / Animal Exhibits
For those who prefer the companionship of animals, mammals, and reptiles, Greenville has a wonderful zoo to wander around with your date.
10. Greenville Zoo is located at 150 Cleveland Park Dr. Wildlife from around the world displayed in open-air exhibits. For more information, call (864) 467-4300.
Greenville is a growing city with unconventional entertainment, including its museums. Learn about Greenville’s history and contributing factors to the growth of the Upstate.
11. History Museum of Upcountry South Carolina is located at 540 Buncombe St. Collections, programs, and exhibitions in the Museum preserve and interpret historical subjects pertaining to the Upcountry of South Carolina. For more information, call (864) 467-3101.
12. Greenville County Museum of Art is located at 420 College St. Considered the premier American art museum in the South, the GCMA is home to the world’s largest public collection of watercolors by artist Andrew Wyeth. Free to the public! For more information, call (864) 271-7570.
13. Shoeless Joe Jackson Museum is located at 356 Field St. This five-room brick house in which Shoeless Joe Jackson lived and died in contains a few of his personal belongings and over 2,000 books related to baseball. For more information, call (864) 346-4867.
Greenville is also home to some art galleries. To appreciate the diverse works of local artists, check out these fine art galleries in Greenville this Valentine’s Day.
14. The Art Cellar is located at 233 N Main St. Ste 12B. This eclectic fine art salon-style gallery features more than 60 local art pieces. For more information, call (864) 520-1653.
15. Art & Light Gallery is located at 16 Aiken St. Home to a collection of Greenville-area, Southern and even National artists! For more information, call (864) 363-8172.
16. Artist Guild Gallery of Greenville is located at 200 N Main St. Features an eclectic group of award-winning upstate artists. For more information, call (864) 239-3882.
Paint & Sip
Bring your inner creative out and try engaging in the act of creating paintings! Greenville is no stranger to paint and sip activities. Here are just a few of the places you can enjoy paint and sip activities in Greenville:
17. Pinot’s Palette is located at 541 Haywood Rd. Offers step-by-step group art lessons accompanied by wine or cocktails. For more information, call (864) 438-4784.
18. Uptown Art is located at 1451 Woodruff Rd. Start with a blank canvas. Add your favorite beverage (soda, coffee, or even wine!) For more information, call (864) 915-0777.
19. Painting with a Twist is located at 3612 Pelham Rd. Ready for a new twist on a fun night out with your significant other? You’ll paint, sip, laugh and spend some quality time together creating memories and more. For more information, call (864) 552-1222.
20. Wine & Design is located at 1175 Woods Crossing. For more information, call (864) 288-1260.
It’s a wonderful time for coffee! Take your date to one of Greenville’s best coffee shops for a quick boost, and maybe take a walk around Falls Park on the Reedy.
21. Coffee Underground is located at 1 East Coffee St. A cozy, below-street-level gathering spot featuring an underground theater with live shows and independent film screenings. For more information, call (864) 298-0494.
22. Methodical Coffee is located at North Main St. Suite D. Mixing an ultra-sleek décor and a 1920’s cocktail lounge vibe, Methodical prominently features The Slayer, a high-end, hand-built espresso machine that churns out shots of caffeinated perfection. For more information, call (864) 735-8407.
23. Spill the Beans is located at 531 South Main St. This hip little coffeehouse and creamery is one of the city’s most popular “meet you at” places. Aside from a wide range of coffees and ice creams (with tasty mix-ins!), they serve up great views of Falls Park on the Reedy. For more information, call (864) 242-6355.
Relax with your Valentine in a private couple’s massage. Unwind and let go of tension this Valentine’s Day.
24. River Falls Massage is located at 130 S Main St. Enjoy a relaxing spa day and get pampered with your significant other this Valentine’s Day. For more information, call (864) 240-2136.
Staples of Greenville
There are certain elements of Greenville that simply can’t be missed. If you haven’t partaken in these staples of life in Greenville yet, then Valentine’s Day could be your perfect opportunity to go touring on the town.
25. Falls Park is located at 601 S Main St. Falls Park on the Reedy, located in downtown Greenville’s Historic West End, is one of Greenville’s greatest treasures. A wonderful place to take your loved one. For more information, call (864) 467-4350.
26. Frankie’s Fun Park is located at 45 Park Woodruff Dr. Want an Adrenaline rush? Visit this sprawling complex with go-kart tracks, arcades, laser tag, and mini-golf. For more information, call (864) 627-9888.
27. Breakout Games – Greenville is located at 614 N Main S. You have 60 minutes to solve your mystery and escape rooms with many thrilling games! For more information, call (864) 326-0190.
28. Haywood Mall is located at 700 Haywood Rd. If you and your date love shopping, Haywood Mall is a very large shopping mall!
Put on your bowling shoes with pride and get your game on at one of Greenville’s bowling centers.
29. Sparetime Entertainment is located at 822 Congaree Rd. Enjoy games, lanes, and food! For more information, call (864) 412-0299.
30. Stone Pin Company is located at 304 E Stone Ave. A boutique bowling alley with 6 bowling lanes, a bar and dining areas serving tasty foods and drinks. For more information, call (864) 412-7228.
After all is said and done, sometimes it comes down to a romantic dinner with great food and impeccable service. Here are a few of the finest dining experiences Greenville has to offer.
31. Halls Chophouse Greenville is located at 550 S Main St. Genteel restaurant with river views, serving Southern fare made with ingredients from nearby farms. For more information, call (864) 335-4200.
32. Larkin’s on the River is located at 318 S Main St. White-tablecloth destination for generous portions of steak & seafood, plus an enormous wine list. For more information, call (864) 467-9777.
33. Augusta Grill is located at 1818 Augusta St. Classy restaurant offering New American small plates & entrees, plus a wine list & full bar. For more information, call (864) 242-0316.
34. Rick Erwin’s West End Grill is located at 648 S Main St. Well-appointed, brick-walled spot for upscale steak & seafood, with an extensive selection of wine. For more information, call (864) 479-8983.
35. Saskatoon Steaks Fish Wild Game is located at 681 Halton Rd. Steakhouse showcasing exotic wild game such as elk & bear plus salmon & trout in lodge-like digs. For more information, call (864) 297-7244.
36. Pomegranate on Main is located at 618 S Main St. Persian dishes & pomegranate martinis in a warm brick-walled bistro setting with Iranian artwork. For more information, call (864) 241-3012.
37. Husk is located at 722 S Main St. Cool, brick-lined hot spot for Southern fare with locally sourced ingredients, plus craft cocktails. For more information, call (864) 627-0404.
38. Smoke On the Water is located at 1 Augusta St #202. Airy, unpretentious taproom serving barbecue & Southern dishes along with beer. For more information, call (864) 232-9091.
After you’ve explored and tasted some of Greenville’s fantastic food, end your perfect Valentine’s Day with a great movie!
39. Regal Cinemas Hollywood 20 & RPX is located at 1029 Woodruff Rd. For more information, call (844) 462-7342.
40. Regal Cinemas Simpsonville 14 & IMAX is located at 780 South St. For more information, call (844) 462-7342.
Whether you’re looking for the rush of fun parks and music, sweet tooth cravings cured by Greenville chocolate and candy shops, enjoying local fine art, museums, comedy, dinner shows, or other exciting forms of entertainment this Valentine’s Day, Greenville is ready to romance you and your lucky-in-love sweetheart. Celebrate your romance and make memories you’ll remember forever.
Team Matsuda is pleased to bring you information about events and things to do in Greenville, like our list of 40 Things to Do in Greenville, SC for Valentine’s Day.